Property Transaction Surveyor
Do you have exceptional negotiating, persuasion and influencing skills? Are you a problem solver and can apply application of procedures to ensure consistent quality of services? Do you have significant knowledge of property transactions and its processes? Are you looking to join a multi-disciplinary team in an innovative organisation that is looking to evolve?
We are going through a period of change that will affect our properties and property activities., . We must ensure that the council’s property and property activities continue to meet corporate requirements and the day-to-day needs of the services that are delivered to the public. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Property Transaction Surveyor to join our growing Property Service. As a Property Transaction Surveyor you will have a great opportunity to develop your career working in a multi-disciplinary service responsible for North Yorkshire County Council’s property assets. You will be responsible for undertaking redeployment and transaction cases, including inspections, preparing in-principle transaction reports and negotiating and preparing Heads of Terms for approval by others. The work may include compulsory purchase. You will also handle rent reviews, lease breaks and lease expiries.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a recognised professional qualification related to the role (MRICS, etc.) or equivalent demonstrable experience in a comparable role.
- Have the ability to negotiate, persuade and problem solve in complex situations.
- Have resilience.
- Be able to communicate with varied audiences in writing and orally and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our Everybody Benefit’s Scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and Health Assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our Local Government Pension Scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish. For those candidates living outside the county you may be eligible for our relocation package.
The role is based at Standard Way, Northallerton with potential for some home working.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about our role please contact Shaun Wilson on 01609 535697
Closing date: 1st November
Interview date: 25th October
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Surveyor £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Corporate Management Team Surveyor £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Regeneration and Local Economies Surveyor £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Housing Surveyor £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire