This fixed term contract is to be offered on a 12-month basis.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles:- prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
The Placement Coordinator will source and arrange the most cost effective Placements, Support Services and Support Packages that deliver the specified requirements to Adults at best value to Essex County Council (ECC).
The role requires the ability to work in a high pressured environment, and have an understanding the care market, relevant contracts and the needs of the Adult and carers.
* Responsible for sourcing placements for Adults, in line with current ECC purchasing procedures and contractual arrangements, to ensure the efficient use of pre-contracted and approved providers.
* Maintain a current understanding of the care market, including capacity issues, providing the necessary information and evidence to enable Commercial colleagues to maintain market intelligence and inform development.
* Identify and respond to urgent or critical situations referred by Operational Teams by liaising with providers, professionals and the adult/their representative/s to find a solution appropriate to the needs of the adult. Negotiate 'Best Value' spot purchases for support where the need cannot be met through existing framework/block contracts
* Work collaboratively with operational teams to support requests to meet the adult's needs within the market environment.
* Support the Placement Team Managers to develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal and external partners, to investigate and respond to complaints and enquiries, and the design and implementation of new systems and processes, in line with the ECC digital agenda.
* Provide a specialised brokerage service to adults and their families both for self-funders and those adults referred for local community services, to meet Good Lives outcomes.
* Responsible for ensuring adults and their representatives are fully informed and supported through the sourcing process through professional communication, sometimes in challenging circumstances.
* Responsible for ensuring purchase order agreements on TCS or the Mosaic Social Care Management System are processed accurately to enable prompt payment of providers and maintaining up-to-date records in relation to sourcing activity.
* Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and be confident in the process to escalate provider concerns or safeguards or handbacks.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good general level of education, including English and Mathematics at GCSE grade A -C, or demonstrably equivalent abilities.
* Be working towards or willingness to work towards an appropriate NVQ (e.g. administration or Health and Social Care).
* Either possession of, or be working towards the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or equivalent experience/ability.
* Experience of having worked in a Health or Social Care setting desirable.
* Experience of communicating by telephone and electronically recording information.
* Experience of using IT packages, including Word, database, Excel and a client database system.
* Knowledge and experience of administration processes and use of office equipment.
* Evidence of team working and understanding different roles.
* Knowledge of requirements of Caldicott, Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation desirable.
* Awareness of Health and Safety at Work.
(Qualification certificates should be brought to interview).
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.