Governance and Assurance Manager
Full time – Permanent
Are you someone who is methodical in approach with an eye for detail? Do you have the ability to work on your initiative and problem solve?
We are seeking a Governance and Assurance Manager to manage the governance and assurance of the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). You will be responsible for ensuring the LEP stays compliant in respect of the National LEP review document produced by government and the LEP’s own assurance framework, that covers governance of the LEP ensuring openness and transparency and making sure our internal processes are followed. You will provide guidance and advice to the Chair, other board members and the programme sub-board members.
This is a very challenging but rewarding role in a period of change. The job is very varied and you will have the opportunity to identify strengths and weaknesses in governance and processes to develop the role further. There are also career development opportunities.
To be successful you must:
- hold a Degree, or equivalent, in a relevant professional area or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- have significant experience in the conduct of Local Authority/LEP decision making processes at the most senior level, or significant experience in managing the governance of an organisation in the private sector.
- have a proven track record in the development and implementation of governance and assurance strategies, policies and plans.
- have resilience and the ability to cope with ambiguity and conflicting and complex demands.
- be methodical in their approach with an eye of detail.
- have exceptional communicate skills and articulate in your approach.
- be meticulous with cross checking.
North Yorkshire County Council acts as the accountable body for the LEP and as a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our everybody benefit’s scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and health assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our local government pension scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Adrian Green on 0758 3849026
Closing date: Sunday 10 November
Interview date: 21 November