Empty Property Enforcement Officer
The Housing Service Area covers a wide range of services including: Homelessness, Temporary Accommodation, Disabled Facilities Grants, Wellbeing Grants, Affordable Warmth, Telford HomeFinder, Nuplace, Landlord Accreditation and Empty Properties
To lead on all elements of empty properties within the Borough, including but not limited to the identification of owners of empty properties, the monitoring of known empty properties, returning empty properties back into occupation through negotiation or enforcement. Identifying and accessing all sources of available funding through active submission of bids to assist in with empty homes and developing and implementing processes to return empty properties back into occupation. To lead on collaborative working with partners and Registered Housing Providers to bring empty properties back into use and to develop an Empty Properties strategy.
• Educated to a degree level with a relevant professional qualification in housing.
• Evidence of continued professional and personal development
• Proven experience of working within a similar field of Housing with up to date knowledge of the related subject matter.
• Experience of working with clients providing advice and support relating to property matters.
• Experience of negotiating solutions to client needs
• Experience of working collaboratively in a multi-professional environment.
• Experience with working in challenging situations.
• Experience of keeping up to date records of clients and properties
• Experience of identifying or providing advice on property renovation and repairs
• Experience of producing reports and monitoring data
• Proven experience to demonstrate a detailed understanding and an up to date professional and technical knowledge of relevant policies and legislation and its practical application.
• Proven experience of working in an enforcement background
• Budget monitoring skills
• Storing and inputting data accurately
• Processing and publishing of accurate documents
• Proven skills of managing projects
• Proven skills of investigating and interviewing
• Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with clients who are older, disabled and/or vulnerable and their families and representatives
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• High quality customer care skills and confident working with other professionals
• Ability to analyse and interpret information from a range of sources
• Skilled in negotiating with other agencies and services
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• The required skills to co-ordinate and communicate with a variety of groups of people
• Be Politically aware and able to build collaborative relationships
• Have experience of dealing with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and with external partners
• Have the ability to use IT solutions and a commitment to drive forward the vision
• Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post
For more information about this role contact Toni Guest on firstname.lastname@example.org
empty property enforcement officer.docx