Case Worker Assistant
The housing function within Telford & Wrekin Council carries out a wide range of functions including; the administrations of Disabled Facilities Grants and Wellbeing Grants, Homelessness services, property management services, empty properties and tenancy relations advice.
This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to be involved with multiple services with the overall objective to help the smooth and timely completion of grants for vulnerable clients to enable clients to live as independently as possible and to reduce or avoid admittance to hospital or care. The post holder will work closely with a range of services and clients to ensure works and grants are administered correctly and clients are kept updated at all times. This post provides a great opportunity for the right candidate to be involved and learn about a wider range of services.
GCSE grade C or above in (or equivalent in) Maths and English
Experience of working with older, disabled and/or vulnerable persons to provide information, support and advice within the home environment
Experience of negotiating solutions to client needs
Experience of working collaboratively in a multi-professional environment.
Experience with working in challenging situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key issues faced by people who struggle living independently in their own home
- Knowledge of databases, advantageous knowledge of Uniform and P2 database.
- Knowledge of budgets and financial systems
- Knowledge of processing client’s details and tracking progress.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with clients who are older, disabled and/or vulnerable and their families and representatives.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High quality customer care skills and confident working with other professionals
- Ability to analyse and interpret information from a range of sources
- Skilled in negotiating with other agencies and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The required skills to co-ordinate and communicate with a variety of groups of people
- Be Politically aware and able to build collaborative relationships
- Have experience of dealing with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and with external partners
- Have the ability to use IT solutions and a commitment to drive forward the vision
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post
For more information about the role please contact Toni Guest (Service Delivery Manager) 01952 381860