Enforcement and Appeals Manager
Enforcement & Appeals Manager
If you want to be at the heart of a borough undergoing exciting growth and rapid development - this is the role for you. Redbridge is beginning a journey of transformation to make the borough brilliant.
Our planning enforcement team is looking for an Enforcement and Appeals Manager - someone who can join a team of professional staff through an ambitious programme of change and make Redbridge an exceptional place to live, work and play in, for the long term.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Head of Planning and Building Control, you will have the chance to get involved in plenty of ambitious projects and tantalising tasks. Your key objective is to lead a team of professional staff investigating breaches of planning control and securing compliance and dealing with related planning applications and appeals in accordance with planning legislation and Council priorities.
Redbridge is the fastest-growing borough in London, the fourth most diverse local authority in the country, and has one of the largest ambitions to grow. We are preparing ourselves for the East-London development boom that is about to happen - we are preparing ourselves to be the next big thing.
What we are looking for
We want someone with the hunger, tenacity and passion for accelerating Redbridge's reputation as an exceptional place to live, work and play. Specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree and membership of the RTPI;
- Management qualifications, experience or demonstrable aspirations to lead a team and empower performance;
- Experience developing, implementing and advising on local planning policies;
- A successful track record in dealing with planning enforcement, planning applications and appeals at a senior level. In particular demonstrate that have dealt with complex significant proposals.
- Familiarity and understanding of effectively managing the Planning Appeals function
- Experience of working across professional teams to successfully take on board corporate objectives in dealing with planning and enforcement matters.
- A can-do personality that inspires teams and reassures stakeholders.
The benefits we offer
Aside from being part of a growing, diverse and forward-thinking team, you will also benefit from:
- A competitive salary of up to GBP 48,492 and generous pension scheme.
- 27 - 32 days annual leave (dependent on continuous service), plus statutory holiday.
- Career growth and development.
We are passionate about recruiting people who can make a difference to Redbridge. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone hungry to make a difference, implement change and prepare London's fastest-growing borough for the east-London development boom.
If you think you fit, download the full job description and complete the online application process.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Brett Leahy, Head of Planning and Building Control, email@example.com
Interviews to be held week commencing 20th January 2020.
Ambitious for Redbridge