Education, Health and Care (EHC) Co-ordinators
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are an Integrated SEND Service that supports children and young people with SEND living in Buckinghamshire to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Our vision is for them to:
- Achieve the very best they can
- Attend a school or educational setting as close to their home as possible
- Be taught and supported by skilled professionals who have high expectations for their progress and learning potential
- Enjoy learning, feel valued and be confident
- Be actively involved in decisions that affect them
- Fulfil their potential as confident adults in their chosen community
About the role
We are looking for talented, experienced EHC Coordinators to support our families, children and young people together with educational settings through the Education Health and Care Needs Assessment Process.
This is a full time role, fixed term for 2 years, working Monday-Friday 37 hours per week based across our offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment process with children, young people, families and range of professionals, ensuring a child-centred approach is adopted.
- Co-produce EHC Plans to ensure they reflect the strengths and needs of the child or young person, and provision required to enable children and young people to achieve their outcomes and aspirations.
- Ensure annual reviews of EHC plans are conducted and EHC plans updated in a timely manner in line with the Children and Families Act (2014).
- Work with families and settings to resolve issues that arise, mediating and attending meetings in relation to complex situations and tribunals to ensure children with SEND access education.
- Ensure correspondence from parents, settings, and internal and external partners is responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Take the lead in a specialist area of work as negotiated.
- Maintain documented case files, records and client information.
- Undertake duties deemed appropriate by the Senior SEN Officer and management.
You will have the skills to support the leadership of a fast paced and committed Integrated SEND Service, utilising your expert technical / professional knowledge and experience. You will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the statutory processes as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice (2015) and the Children and Families Act (2014) and the Equality Act (2010)
- Have specialist knowledge of SEND/ Preparing For Adulthood (Pfa) providers
- Have frontline experience working with young people with SEN / in SEN/PFA services
- Have strong inter-personal skills.
- Be able to problem solve
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Have good record keeping, planning and organisational skills
- Be resilient, organised and hardworking.
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email email@example.com
You will be required to apply for a DBS.
Buckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique. We expect all our people to live them in their approach.
Ambitious; we want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed.
Accountable; Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It's all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future.
Caring; we're people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic.
Collaborative; Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things.
We recognise and reward you
You'll also be entitled to a wide range of bcc benefits, including a generous pension scheme with an employer contribution of 26%, discount in shops / restaurants and 1/3 off local trains and buses.
Find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_VqOEqO_k&feature=youtu.be
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Amersham
- Health and Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Amersham
- Children's Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Amersham
- Education Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Amersham
- Schools Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Amersham