- Are you looking for working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance?
- Do you want to be part of a closely-knit team that are supportive of each other?
- Do you have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines?
We have a unique opportunity for a Finance Officer to join a small, friendly, and highly efficient team in the Programming, Leasehold and Procurement Section, operating within the Council’s Housing and Regeneration Department.
Who we are:
We process all major works payments and programme future works across the council’s housing stock
Makes payments across all major works schemes, providing support to the Principal Programming Officer and collates project information for the Head of Programming, Leasehold and Procurement.
- Raise purchase orders and process certificate payments to contractors and consultants; dealing with all enquires.
- Assist with moving expenditure across account codes.
- Produce statistical information on major works spend for senior managers.
- Update the Housing IT system with both financial and progress amendments for all major works projects.
You will have excellent time management skills to ensure that multiple deadlines are
- always met and the ability to produce quality work with minimum supervision.
- You will be IT literate and utilise IT applications including the use of MS Word and Excel packages, together with excellent communication, written, verbal and numeracy skills.
You will have experience of accurate record keeping with the ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
Please register, submit a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
Why choose us?
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include home working (dependent on service need) and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: 07 April 2020
Shortlisting Date 21 April 2020
Interview Date: 05th May 2020
(COVID-19) - information for job applicants
Given the ongoing situation, we have not set a closing date for this job vacancy. We are unable to currently advise when interviews will be arranged. We feel that this is the correct and responsible decision to make in these exceptional circumstances in view of:
· increased demand on the time of the council staff in response to the pandemic
· the need to support more vigilant public health measures.
We appreciate that applicants will want further information. However, as this is an unprecedented situation, arrangements for undertaking these interviews will require careful consideration.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils