Head of Looked After Children and Vulnerable Young People
Grade- HOS3 up to £89,319
· This is an exciting opportunity to lead all the services that support Enfield’s children in care and care leavers.
· You will need to be a highly skilled, experienced and motivated leader who will be supporting ambitious staff, Council Members and partners to make a positive difference to the lives of children, young people and their families.
With a highly diverse population of over 330,000 of which over 80,000 are children and young people, Enfield is the place where you can make a difference to people’s lives.
Enfield prides itself on having a supportive work culture and stable management team that gives staff the autonomy they need to deliver a first-class service that helps, supports and protects vulnerable people and communities.
In addition to a competitive salary, our commitment to you is:
· Up to 10 study days
· Clear career progression pathways
· Flexible work practices
· Up to 40 days leave including bank holidays, with the option to buy up to an additional 10 days of annual leave
Our practice is underpinned by high expectations and professional standards and promises to our children, young people and families. Our chosen model across the safeguarding partnership is Signs of Safety.
What we’re looking for
A committed and experienced senior manager who can demonstrate through qualifications and experience that they have ambition to drive Enfield services to outstanding.
Applicants are invited to submit a C.V. together with a supporting statement, addressing the criteria outlined in the person specification
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
· An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
· Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
· Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
· Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
· Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
· Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Anne Stoker on 020 8379 4075 or Tony Theodoulou on 020 8379 4610 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
Closing Date: 4th June 2020 at 23.59
Interview Dates: TBC
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Enfield
- Corporate Management Team £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Enfield
- Health and Social Care £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Enfield
- Children's Services £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Enfield
- Social Care £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Enfield