Childcare Solicitors (career graded)
At Sandwell Council we are progressive, dynamic and determined to recruit exceptional solicitors. Our in-house Solicitors will be preparing and advising on a variety of Children’s cases for our client, Sandwell Children’s Trust, and will be supported by a team of excellent caseworkers.
You must have the ability to deal with a complex and demanding caseload, with excellent client care skills, and an eagerness to provide a high-quality service to our clients and local community. There is an expectation to conduct advocacy on CMH’s and non complex contested matters.
We have several career graded opportunities available, for solicitors seeking both development and reward in their legal career with a starting salary of £40,760 per annum, rising to £49,538 per annum based on your growth and experience in the role which would include evidence of taking on complex and contested hearings over a number of days.
The following benefits package comes with this post;
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 30 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy more annual leave
- Smart/Agile working
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Paternity entitlements and flexible working.
- 1,000’s of discounts and savings at 100’s of retailers, online and on the high street, available through our employee benefits scheme
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
In the heart of the midlands and 10 minutes train ride from the centre of Birmingham, Sandwell is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and diverse place to live, work and play, for more information about Sandwell visit; https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/homepage/266/who_are_we
If you have any queries about the posts please contact Charmain Oliver on: Charmain_Oliver@sandwell.gov.uk
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org