We’re looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking housing professional to join and lead our Housing Service. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives, to prove your leadership ability, and to help drive our organisation forward, this is the role for you.
You will lead Breckland’s housing options service; including responsibility for housing allocations and lettings processes, housing advice, private rented sector access, rough sleeping, temporary accommodation and the prevention and relief of all forms of homelessness.
At Breckland Council we have embraced the Government's agenda to modernise local government. Our approach is to lead change rather than follow it, and to add the best value we can to our communities. We achieve this by developing our employees to their full potential, providing them with the relevant knowledge, equipment and authority to carry out their duties. We are recognised by Investors in People and as an Employer of Choice.
Our employees enjoy excellent conditions of service including a generous pension scheme and flexible working for a large percentage of our staff. This post attracts 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
To thrive as our Housing Manager you should have:
- Knowledge of current housing, housing allocations and homelessness law, policy and practice
- A detailed understanding of the wider Housing context
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse group of internal and external clients, making complex things easy to understand
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports
- Experience of formulating, leading and implementing strategies
- Experience in leading, developing and working effectively in teams
- Leadership and Management experience.
- Experience of motivating staff to achieve their potential
- A track record of delivering service improvement and reducing costs
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- The ability to make difficult decisions in a busy working environment
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives
To arrange an informal discussion about the role with Riana Rudland, Place Manager, please make contact on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, 20th July 2020
Equal Opportunities – We are committed to being an Equal Opportunities employer, recognising the benefits of sustaining a workforce which reflects the diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from anyone who feels they meet the requirements of our vacancies - these are listed as essential requirements on the person specification.
Please be aware that if you are selected for this role there will be a requirement to undertake a DBS check as part of pre-employment checks.
To apply for this role, applicants should review the Recruitment Pack below and complete an Application Form which should be sent to email@example.com