Social Worker (0-25 Disabilities Service)
We are looking for skilled, dynamic and motivated Social Workers who have a passion for achieving excellence and the ability to drive change for children and young people who have disabilities in Barnet. If this is you, you could be the person we are looking for! We are recruiting for the following in the 0-25 Disability Service: 2 Social Workers to work with children aged 0-18 years
2 Social Workers to work with young adults aged 18-25 years
Children’s Social Work Posts
We are looking for social workers who have experience of working with children and young people who have disabilities; we would consider experienced social workers who are interested in moving into this fascinating area of social work. The work in a 0-25 Disability Service is very varied and encompasses devising creative packages of care and support , safeguarding, court work and supporting transitions to adulthood – every day is different.
Adult Social work posts (18-25)
We are looking for social workers who are able to work alongside colleagues working with the children to progress transition plans. Applicants would need experience of working with young adults who have a disability and completing Care Act Assessments and Reviews , creative support planning whilst promoting independence. They would need indepth knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act , Continuing Health Care , Transitions and safeguarding Adults. Knowledge of completing Community Deprivation of Liberty assessments and experience of completing court of protection documents will be of preference.
We are committed to supporting our staff to make a difference to the lives of children and young people using resilience based approaches that support them, their carers and families to thrive and achieve. We believe that with excellent practice leadership, support and supervision professional social work can thrive, creating environments where children and young people who have disabilities are safe and where the quality of practice drives positive change. You will have:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and polices in relation to safeguarding children (or adults)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in writing assessments and plans
- Proven experience in demonstrating your impact on families in achieving positive outcomes for children and influence the professional networks that you work with.
- Innovative and positive engagement with children , young adults and families in their assessments and plans and a passion for delivery of high quality services and interventions to vulnerable children and young people in partnership with a wide range of agencies.
If you consider yourself to be professionally curious and a dynamic practitioner who can thrive in a fast paced and high energy service, then Barnet is for you! It is an exciting place to work, where at the heart of our Family Friendly vision is helping families, children and young people to become resilient so they can thrive and achieve.
In addition to excellent development and career opportunities we have generous employee benefits:
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexi-time, job-share, homeworking, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference, such as trading in pension contributions for a higher salary - please note that this has been factored in to the highest end of this salary range, combined with basic pay and a recruitment and retention allowance. We would be happy to discuss this with you at the interview process.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
To apply for either post please upload your CV and a personal statement before closing date on 15th July 2020.
Expiry date: 23:59, 15 July 2020