The City of York Council are looking for Children's Social Workers across children's Social Care. Newly qualified social workers are also welcome to apply.
This is an exciting time to join us, with a newly appointed Director and Assistant Director of Children's Social Care, we are focused on supporting a high achieving workforce who have the time, resources and support to put children and their families at the centre of all we do.
If you are passionate about social work and looking to work in an innovative Local Authority we want to hear from you.
We can offer permanent, fixed term and temporary contracts with a variety of full time and part time roles with flexible working.
Ranked within the top 10 places to live in the UK, York is a vibrant, trailblazing, digital City which continues to make history. Our unique location means the Dales, Moors and Coast are all within an hour offering a positive work life balance.
You can look forward to a generous pay and reward package including:
* Competitive salary
* Senior Social Worker - Grade 10 Level 1-4 (£35,500 to £40,71097 pa)
* Social Worker - Grade 9 Level 1-4 (£30,500 to £34,797 pa)
* Newly Qualified Social Worker - Grade 8 Level 1-4 (£26,875 to £29,783 pa)
* Local government pension scheme with generous employer contribution
* Up to 29 days annual leave entitlement
* Family friendly policies
* Salary sacrifice schemes to assist with child care
* Assistance with travel to work expenses
* Comprehensive staff benefits package
* Manageable, monitored caseloads.
* Supported working environment
* Regular reflective supervision.
* Training and development opportunities, including coaching
* Progression opportunities
* Strong leadership
* Comprehensive induction and ASYE Social Work Academy
Applicants must have current professional registration with Social Work England. (Student social workers due to qualify are welcome to apply prior to registration on the understanding that they would need to be registered upon graduation to practice as a Social Worker)
We are keen to enable our social workers to develop their knowledge and skills to secure the best outcomes for the children, young people and families in York and in doing so we will support you to work towards your NAAS accreditation.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C1: Can express him/ herself fluently and spontaneously, almost effortlessly. Only a conceptually difficult subject can hinder a natural, smooth flow of language.
City of York Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact one of the following Senior Managers:
Rose Howley firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01904 552541
Sophie Keeble, email@example.com T: 01904 555322
Closing date: Thursday 30 July 2020 at 12 midnight