Assistant Housing Officer x 2 vacancies
The iconic Dover castle, the spectacular White Cliffs country, Sandwich - perhaps the most complete medieval market town in Britain - and the flourishing seaside resort of Deal, all surrounded by the garden of England, are just some of the great reasons for you to choose Dover.
The social housing functions provided by East Kent Housing are being brought back under the umbrella of Dover District Council, in order to deliver a more responsive and locally focused service. To help us realise the benefits for our stake holders across the region, we are looking to recruit dynamic, skilled and high performing individuals who share our commitment to delivering excellence across the housing sector. Housing matters. You can help make the difference.
The Assistant Housing Officer role will be expected to provide support to Housing Staff on all tenancy related management functions, including the management of void properties, anti-social behaviour, and the enforcement of tenancy conditions. The role will also include home and site visits and key administration services and associated transactional work and will help housing staff to provide an excellent customer focused housing management service.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working with the public in a similar related field
- Proficient in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and internet- based systems
- The ability to communicate clearly, both in written and verbal form, adapting style and approach to meet the needs of a diverse community.
- Ability to use negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload by effective time management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care package
What are you waiting for?
The closing date for applications is the 24 July 2020. Date of interviews to be confirmed.
Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Standard DBS check as part of their pre-employment clearances.
The application forms and job profiles are on the Dover District Council web site https://www.dover.gov.uk/Job-Vacancies/Home.aspx and give you the basics but if you would like more information please e-mail email@example.com or Louisej.Taylor@dover.gov.uk