The iconic Dover castle, the spectacular White Cliffs country, Sandwich - perhaps the most complete medieval market town in Britain - and the flourishing seaside resort of Deal, all surrounded by the garden of England, are just some of the great reasons for you to choose Dover.
The social housing functions provided by East Kent Housing are being brought back under the umbrella of Dover District Council, in order to deliver a more responsive and locally focused service. To help us realise the benefits for our stake holders across the region, we are looking to recruit dynamic and skilled individuals who share our commitment to delivering excellence across the housing sector. Housing matters. You can help make the difference.
Working within the Assets & Building Control department and reporting directly to the Principal Planned Works and Compliance Officers. The successful applicant will be responsible for procuring electrical and mechanical contracts, M & E installation surveys, project management, quality control, contract administration and contract financial control. The role will also include managing external consultants as well as diagnosing and advising on appropriate remedial works on M & E failures/breakdowns as well as collating and interpreting stock condition data to produce accurate planned maintenance and compliance works programmes.
You will also be required to carry out works in support of the Response, Repairs and Compliance Team.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of project management and procuring maintenance and improvement contracts
- A good working knowledge of electrical/mechanical installations
- Working with the public, delivering M & E maintenance programmes on multiple housing projects
- Sound understanding of compliance with statutory landlord obligations and associated legislation
- Experience of working in the public sector (desirable)
- Working within a team of technical and non-technical staff
What do we offer?
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care package
What are you waiting for?
The closing date for applications is the 25th July 2020. Date of interviews to be confirmed.
The application forms and job profiles are on the Dover District Council web site https://www.dover.gov.uk/Job-Vacancies/Home.aspx and gives you the basics but if you would like more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org