Education Support Officer for Virtual School x2
Full-Time, Term Time Only - Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
The Virtual School in Redbridge is looking for two Education Support Officers to join its team.
Ideal candidates will:
* have experience of establishing successful learning relationships with children and young people across the age and the ability range, including those with challenging behaviour
* be able to establish productive professional relationships with a range of professionals, including teachers, social workers and foster carers
* have a good knowledge of the barriers that Children looked after have to overcome
* have the ability to successfully implement strategies to support children to have high aspirations and achieve, behave and attend well in school, and other settings.
* be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication skill
* have the appropriate ICT skills to perform the role effectively
* have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
* play a key role in a proactive and supportive team
* provide continuity of support in addressing the needs of young people who are looked after or leaving care across the age ranges of 2-19
* support our students in key stages of transition on their journey through education
* contribute to the personal and social development of our children and young people
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position with the opportunity to enhance the lives of Children Looked After, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week commencing 3rd August 2020.
Ambitious for Redbridge