This department is responsible for housing, communities and improving the lives of local residents. This includes landlord services and estate management, planning, refurbishment, and advice and support to help maintain healthy and safe homes.
A significant part of our work is focused on creating stronger communities, by working together with local residents on recovery following the Grenfell tragedy.
In response to London’s affordable homes crisis, we are committed to building more social housing to help people on lower incomes to live, work, and raise their families in the borough. Our housing team also work closely with affordable housing providers and other agencies to manage homelessness, and give support to older residents to live independently.
Are you passionate about making connections between people and making things happen? A self starter who brings enthusiasm and energy to situations? We are looking for a motivated individual to join our resident engagement team and lead on creating links between our resident groups and a wide range of voluntary groups, organisations and businesses.
At RBKC our residents are at the heart of all we do and out team are responsible for ensuring our residents are fully involved in how their homes and neighbourhoods are managed.
You will have responsibility for working with residents to identify priorities and develop projects, and work with other councils teams and external organisations to ensure delivery, always ensuring residents are fully involved throughout.
For more information on the role, please see the Job Description
You will need to:
- Be a people’s person- able to build and maintain strong relations and proactively reach out to those seldom heard
- Posses strong communications skills and be confident in using social media to connect and communicate
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, to successfully manage and deliver a range of small and large projects
- Have a head for figures and be able to pull together funding for projects from a range of sources and be able to review spend to ensure value for money
- Have an awareness of the housing sector and issues affecting housing management and local government
- Be innovative and willing to identify new ways of doing things
- Proactively form strong relations with partners in the voluntary and private sector.
- Work with residents to identify projects
- Develop project briefs
- Identify and write bids
- Map and monitor stakeholders
- Support the wider work of the resident engagement team
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.