Service Improvement Manager (Commercial)
Celebrating and preserving the unique cultural and environmental character of the borough is a major focus of this department, which includes Planning and Borough Development, Transport and Highways, Libraries, Environmental Health, Community Safety and Cleaner, Greener and Cultural Services.
Kensington and Chelsea is one of London’s most vibrant and densely populated boroughs, with a multitude of beautiful buildings, museums and parks. The planning team ensure any new building projects are undertaken with consideration to our residents, as well as our skyline.
If you are passionate about the environment, and the support services required to keep it safe, clean and green, take a look at our vacancies and join our dedicated team.
To increase income generation for the libraries service by enabling the delivery of the commercial strategy through providing support for commercial workstreams, project managing commercial deliverables, providing administrative support for income generating services and supporting library staff in their own projects
For more information on the role, please see the Job Description
- Enthusiasm for income generation and willingness to enthuse others
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write in clear and concise language
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage projects
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand financial data
- Tenacious in the face of challenges and resilient to setbacks
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to share a passion for reading to inspire others to read for pleasure and learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in a wide range of literature, information and content in digital, print and other forms. Ability to promote to diverse audiences and users.
- Demonstrate ability to seek, evaluate and recommend content and knowledge using all appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate ability to use new and existing technology (internet, devices, applications and platforms) and to demonstrate and advocate their use to customers.
- Experience of working with the public in a customer focused service with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues responding to their needs in a calm and effective manner.
- Understand the councils’ priorities in the context of the delivery of high-quality customer service.
About You Continued:
- Demonstrate ability to carry out routine library operations using organisation, problem solving and collaborative skills to efficiently maintain the library.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to income generation by positively engaging with commercial projects and delivering commercial services.
- Enthusiasm and ability to play an integral role in building a positive, collaborative working culture in which every single individual contributes to Our Commitment:
Approachable – we listen
Supportive – we help
Knowledgeable – we inspire
Always Friendly, Always Enthusiastic, Always Inclusive
Support for commercial workstreams
- Support the Development Manager (Commercial & Marketing) in the definition of clear workstreams that support the commercial strategy
- Use a project management tool to ensure the service has oversight of all commercial projects with actions assigned and deadlines tracked
- Take responsibility for tasks across all workstreams, especially where there is a cross-service aspect that needs central co-ordination
- Project manage specific deliverables through the libraries Business Plan and the commercial strategy
- Identify and define new initiatives that will generate income for the service
- Ensure that all projects support the libraries purpose to help people read, learn and connect and help to advance the libraries vision to drive equality across our communities
- Ensure that monthly income reports are used effectively to monitor income generation across the service and to celebrate success
- Complete administrative tasks that support commercial initiatives such as designing promotional material to advertise new service and writing guidance and process documents
- Track actions and deadlines, reminding staff about agreed next steps and missed deadlines where required
Supporting library staff
- Identify areas where library staff may be working on similar projects in isolation and bring these together
- Help library staff to develop their ideas and make them a reality
- Identify site specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and help site staff to address them
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.