Part Time Gate Keeper x2 - Thorndon Country Park
Please note that these positions are offered on a part time annualised hour basis with an hourly rate equivalent of £8.72 per hour.
4.5 or 6 hours per week. 6 hours: Monday - Thursday (around duck) and 4.5 hours: Friday - Sunday (around dusk) with the working months being October to February.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Essex is a diverse county with some of the highest levels of deprivation in the country through to highly affluent communities, which gives us a wide variance in life expectancy and quality. Culture and Green Spaces will deliver exceptional customer experiences, demonstrating the benefit of Essex's strategic location, with the objective of developing a financially sustainable operation.
The focus of this role is to support the Rangers by being available to ensure country parks are secure and open at critical times during the day for visitors including access to all the facilities. Keeping the park safe and secure is the main focus of this role.
Working in the country park environment, it will require support and contribution in the day to day running of the park and by engaging with visitors to ensure they are fully informed about visitor services.
* Contribute to the daily operation of the parks by ensuring all car park vehicle access points to the park are open at the times publicised to the general public and also securely closed when the site is closed.
* Assist with the efficiency of the operation as required by ensuring all facilities including toilets, buildings and storage areas are secure and designated areas are available as needed.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience* Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE or BTech), or equivalent by experience.
* Experience of working with members of the public or customers.
* Evidence of good communication skills.
* Experience of working within a team and supporting team members.
* Experience of managing challenging situations whist remaining calm to overcome problems.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.