Social Worker - Carer Assessment Team (Fostering)
The Carer Assessment Team in Barnet undertakes initial viability assessments of family and friends for children needing permanency, as well as progressing to full Special Guardianship and Connected Carer Assessment to fully explore and assess whether permanence and stability can be provided for a child within their wider family or with connected persons.
This specialist social work role involves preparing reports for both Barnet’s fostering panel and also for the court. The carer assessment team works closely with colleagues within the local authority and with other agencies and individuals in the community. The work is interesting, varied and challenging.
In Barnet we value our Social Care staff and we know that our biggest and most important resource are its workforce. We want to work with Social Workers who are reflective and dynamic, proactive and resilient that are aspirational for our children and young people with the ability to drive long lasting change.
Our Offer to you:
- A competitive salary including options to tailor this based on your needs and preferences which we are happy to discuss with you*
- Opportunities for career progression in our social work hierarchy structure (including Advanced Practitioners through to Heads of Service)
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays from the start of your employment
- Benefits package including access to local government pension scheme, pool cars and more.
- A brand new purpose built and modern office based 5 minutes walk from Colindale tube station and free parking!
Support and Training:
- Access to systemic training
- In house learning and development team with up to date training and emerging themes and resilience models
- In house Mental Health teams
- Manageable caseloads within small teams and all on one floor making communication effective
- Work-life balance options may include flexi-time, job-share, homeworking
- Training to Practice Educator status
You will have:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and polices in relation to safeguarding children, undertaking special guardianship and connected carer assessments and understanding the fostering regulations and minimum standards.
- Excellent written skills, particularly in writing assessments and analysing family relationships, whilst also considering complex, risk factors.
- Highly competent oral communication liaising with families, professionals as well as being able to provide clear, evidence based recommendations to the courts.
- Proven experience in either Kinship or Fostering and have the ability to carry out high quality assessments, with an analytical mind.
- Innovative and positive engagement with families in their assessments, as well as a passion for delivery of high quality services and interventions to vulnerable children in partnership with a wide range of agencies.
- Regrettably we cannot accept applications from those who do not hold recognised social work qualifications.
Should you have any queries about this role please email fs.recruitment@Barnet.gov.uk
**We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference. Where an employee does not wish to opt in to the Pension scheme, we can offer an additional allowance which is funded by the reduction in our employer pension costs. Please note that this has been factored in to the highest end of this salary range, combined with basic pay and a recruitment and retention allowance. We would be happy to discuss this with you at the interview process.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Children's Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Safeguarding Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)