Responsible for the management and maintenance of specified County Council owned residential Gypsy/Traveller caravan sites.
The role will include collection and recording payments for water charges and rent , chasing arrears, ensuring residents comply with/enforcing site licence conditions, basic maintenance of the site and buildings, ensure that health and safety regulations are complied with and directly supporting residents in accessing key services.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent by experience.
- Experience of working with the Gypsy/Traveller community preferred but not essential.
- Experience of the management of health and safety, administration/record keeping and of maintenance work.
- Good numeracy with the ability to keep accurate records.
- Written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills with the ability to deal with difficult and sometimes confrontational situations.
- Good judgement, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Good organisational skills.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefitsEssex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.