Advanced Skills Worker - Longwood Place
This is a part time role for 21 hours a week.
Interviews will take place via video calling.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Undertaking performance management through "My Performance", supervision, and management of Band 1 - 3 workers (Social Care and Night Care Assistants and Domestic staff) in line with agreed policies.
Day to day management of the home and the deployment of staff and work allocation in line with specific service requirements, including ensuring that the staffing rota maintains safe staffing levels.
To manage and develop the staff team on a day-to-day basis ensuring effective performance management through "My performance" and Supervision processes.
Acting as a motivational role model to lead the development of a high standard of care and high quality support. To contribute to the ongoing development of a Service User Led Service, supporting individuals to gain/maintain maximum independence through the acquisition of skills, social networks & practical support thereby facilitating lifestyle choices that enable people to live in their own homes.
- Co-ordinating staff training and development to ensure best and up to date professional practice throughout the service and to undertake the role of NVQ Assessor (NVQ Level2), Manual Handling Instructor, Health & Safety Awareness, and other identified developmental roles.
- Adhere to appropriate County polices and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Assist the Care Team in supporting service users to have a healthy lifestyle, monitor service user/s health and well-being and support them to attend necessary appointments.
- Encourage innovation and creative working to achieve measurable outcomes for service users to include the design of Care Plans, service user assessments and risk assessments.
- Monitoring through a range of techniques the effectiveness and efficiency of the service and its compliance with Quality Assurance Indicators in liaison with Line Manager
- Working very flexibly to meet the needs of the service which requires working in a variety of different environments. This will include sleeping in duties, and may also involve working in a varied and different environment.
- Ensure compliance with service standards, legislation and policy. This includes The National Care Standards, Health and Safety as well as other identified legislative policies.
- Developing and maintaining positive links with other professionals as appropriate to the development of the service
- Maintain records and develop management information systems to an agreed standard as required by the service
- Dealing professionally and positively with service users, carers and members of the public which may involve dealing with complaints in line with the policies of the service.
- Undertaking any other duties that are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 3
- NVQ Assessor
- Other developmental roles for example:
- Manual Handling Trainer qualification and Practical experience of deploying staff and work allocation.
- The above are requirements for progressing beyond the mid-point of Band 3 as well as undergoing a selection process
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Knowledge and Understanding of social care legislation including the Protection of Vulnerable Adults. To also develop further knowledge within the role of relevant legislation.
- Experience of working in a social care environment
- Valid Driving Licence and use of a vehicle to attend development training and meetings unless the role can be effectively under taken by alternative public transport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to implement and manage the achievement of service standards including The National Care Standards.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adult's and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.