Qualified Social Workers - Adult Services Teams
Interviews will be virtual interviews via video calling (Microsoft Teams)
Essex County Council continues to review its ways of working during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to work within adult social care with a focus on "digital first", where the default position is, where possible, for our staff to work from home (this is continuously reviewed). All candidates applying to Adult Social Care will be expected to join on a 12-week rota on a 6-day shift pattern and this will include some weekend work. However, we still promote flexible working and a flexible work pattern can be discussed. For further details please enquire with our resourcing team, alternatively working patterns can be discussed at interview.Essex Cunty Council ( ECC) can offer a wide range of opportunities within Social Care for Qualified Social Workers across a variety of teams and the chance to develop your career in one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
We have a variety of opportunities available for those looking to develop their career with us. From early intervention to ongoing support. We have roles across Essex and hold assessment centres across the county.
Our teams in South Essex are primarily based out of our offices in Basildon. South Essex offers the opportunity to Social Workers, to be Innovative and solution focused, enabling you to apply your knowledge to complex challenges. With a mix of Urban and some rural/ semi-rural locations, the variety and scope of the work you will be able to get involved in is huge.
We are looking for those who are passionate about Social Care and want to be part of our mission
to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available; to ensure our service users have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
Apply now to find out more regarding the opportunities available.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.