Device Management Engineer
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) Technical Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals.
To achieve this Technical Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technical Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
Technology Services (TS) deliver critical business applications that are vital to the support and successful completion of business operations. The applications are installed on technical platforms and infrastructure and accessed by a range of devices that provide the interface between the user and the applications all of which are essential to successful delivery of the service to ensure business operations can be maintained.
This role is responsible for working to maintain and configure all corporate user devices including any hardware build, refresh or hardware and firmware upgrades enabling business operations to meet security, statutory and regulatory requirements to ensure services are delivered to the citizens of Essex.
* Undertake tasks required to meet Service and Operational levels and Device Performance targets that enable business operations to continue successfully.
* Use market knowledge and vendor technology roadmaps to support alignment between applications and User Device capability and configuration ensuring efficient technical operation and mitigating any risk of unplanned cost whilst exploiting new and innovative technology development
* Responsible for the build and implementation of User Devices required to enable secure access to and operation of applications needed to ensure successful business operations.
* Responsible for completing approved moves, adds and changes for User Devices ensuring the maintenance of a current technical environment supporting the successful delivery of business operations.
* Responsible for configuring and distributing end user devices and supporting the adoption and understanding of technology to assist the development of a computer literate workforce.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent by experience.
* Demonstrate experience of working successfully within effective small teams in a large Public Sector or Private Sector Organisation delivering critical Platform and Infrastructure in support of Public Sector business operations.
* Hold accreditation as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and RITT Support or equivalent.
* Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
* Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
* Good customer service skills.
* Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website.
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Applications are required to be submitted by 26/08/2020
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.