Social Worker - Duty & Assessment Team
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
In Barnet we value our Social Care staff and we know that our biggest and most important resource is the workforce. We want to work with Social Workers who are reflective, dynamic, proactive, resilient and are aspirational for our children and young people with the ability to drive long lasting change.
Our Offer to you:
- A competitive salary including options to tailor this based on your needs and preferences which we are happy to discuss with you.
- Opportunities for career progression in our social work hierarchy structure (including Advanced Practitioners, through to Heads of Service).
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays from the start of your employment.
- Benefits package including access to local government pension scheme, pool cars and more.
- A brand new purpose built and modern office based 5 minutes walk from Colindale tube station and free parking!
Support and Training:
- Access to systemic training.
- In house learning and development team with up to date training and emerging themes and resilience models.
- In house Mental Health teams allocated to work within your team and support your work.
- Manageable caseloads within small teams and all on one floor making communication effective.
- Practice Development Workers to assist with decision making as well as reflective and group supervision meetings.
- Work-life balance options may include flexi-time, job-share, homeworking.
- Training to Practice Educator status.
You will have:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and polices in relation to safeguarding children
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in writing assessments and plans for young people
- Proven experience in demonstrating your impact on families in achieving positive outcomes for children and influence the professional networks that you work with.
- Innovative and positive engagement with children and families in their assessments and plans and a passion for delivery of high quality services and interventions to vulnerable children in partnership with a wide range of agencies.
- Regrettably we cannot accept applications from those who do not hold recognised social work qualifications.
Should you have any queries about this role please email fs.recruitment@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
**We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference. Where an employee does not wish to opt in to the Pension scheme, we can offer an additional allowance which is funded by the reduction in our employer pension costs. Please note that this has been factored in to the highest end of this salary range, combined with basic pay and a recruitment and retention allowance. We would be happy to discuss this with you at the interview process.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Health Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Children's Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)
- Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (North)