BANK Social Worker x2
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) in Redbridge for a casual MASH Social Worker.
The Redbridge MASH has been operational since 2014. It was judged as outstanding in the 2016 Ofsted inspection and described as a “model of excellence” in the 2019 Ofsted inspection. The MASH service has worked hard to embed a reflective and learning culture in what is a busy and fast paced environment. The MASH offers social workers and managers lead areas and opportunities to develop and build on specialisms.
Individual experience and knowledge is valued and this team is well known for driving innovative ideas to manage a sophisticated and highly effective front door. The role of a MASH Social Worker can be highly pressured and challenging yet also rewarding. Working to a high professional standard the role requires working closely with health, education and police colleagues to inform decision making on referrals received regarding child welfare and safeguarding concerns.
This is a non-case holding role, with predicable start and finishing times. The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience as a qualified social worker working with children and families
- Understand and have the ability to apply threshold using a range of tools
- Have good IT skills and excellent communication skills which are essential for this role
- Have an understanding of and ability to recognise a range of social issues, e.g., child exploitation, gangs, radicalisation, DV, substance misuse, from small indicators and have the confidence to explore those to understand a child’s needs
- Be a curious practitioner
- Be a well organised practitioner who can work to very short and demanding deadlines, providing a strong analytical overview of the family
Working for Redbridge Council’s Bank staff team can offer you a wealth of opportunities and experiences including;
- Supportive Management
- Access to quality training and development
- Ability to apply for internal vacancies whilst working
- Competitive rates of pay
- Friendly working environment in an innovative department
- Public sector experience
This position is on an ‘as and when basis’ which means that we do not guarantee to offer you any work on a regular basis but neither are you required to accept any work offered if it is not convenient for you.
For further information about this role please contact;
Sharon Springer; MASH Team Manager on 0208 708 3116
Emma Pattison; Service Manager for MASH and the 4-borough EDT Service on 0208 708 3909
Ambitious for Redbridge