Team Manager - Children in Care (Maternity cover)
We are looking to appoint a Team Manager for a Child in Care team; this will be on a fixed term basis for up to 12 months. We would also consider applications on an acting up basis.
We believe that with excellent practice leadership, support and supervision professional social work can thrive, creating environments where children are safe and the quality of practice drives change that helps children and families bounce back from adversity. Supported by an excellent workforce development programme, you will lead a team of social workers driving excellence in practice whist developing and refining your expertise and experience in management.
You will have:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and polices in relation to safeguarding children, looked after children and care experienced young people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in writing assessments and plans for young people and support your team to produce high quality reports.
- Proven experience in demonstrating your impact in driving and supporting your team, working children and families in achieving positive outcomes and influence the professional networks that you work with.
- Innovative and positive engagement with children and families in their assessments and plans and a passion for delivery of high quality services and interventions to vulnerable children in partnership with a wide range of agencies.
- Regrettably we cannot accept applications from those who do not hold recognised social work qualifications.
Our Offer to you:
- A competitive salary including options to tailor this based on your needs and preferences which we are happy to discuss with you.
- Opportunities for career progression in our social work hierarchy structure
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays from the start of your employment.
- Benefits package including access to local government pension scheme, pool cars and more.
- A brand new purpose built and modern office based 5 minutes walk from Colindale tube station and free parking!
Support and Training:
- In house learning and development team with up to date training and emerging themes and resilience models.
- In house Mental Health teams
- Manageable caseloads within small teams and all on one floor making communication effective.
- Work-life balance options may include flexi-time, job-share, homeworking.
**We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference. Where an employee does not wish to opt in to the Pension scheme, we can offer an additional allowance which is funded by the reduction in our employer pension costs. Please note that this has been factored in to the highest end of this salary range, combined with basic pay. We would be happy to discuss this with you at the interview process.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.