Please note - this job is part time working 22.5 hours per week. You will be required to work shift work including every other weekend and some nights.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles:- prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
This role will be focused on being a committed, flexible and passionate member of a team working within a residential/short break service to ensure the provision of a high-quality service for adults. The role will work collaboratively with adults, their families and other professionals in a residential home environment.
The role will support adults in accordance with their care plans and ensuring access to social and leisure activities according to their needs and wishes. The role also includes the continuous monitoring of individuals emotional and general wellbeing.
* Provides support to individuals to ensure they are able to reach their optimum independence and can exert control in their everyday lives, in accordance with the care plan.
* Supports individuals/groups to access social and leisure activities which may include college classes, resource centres, community access and other activities.
* Monitoring individual emotional and general wellbeing daily and ensure the protection of adults from abuse, reporting any concerns to senior managers.
* Support individuals to make choices in a way that always respects their dignity and privacy and promotes their choice in accordance with the care plan and any other key documents.
* Ensure respectful, patient and courteous approaches are undertaken with adults, their families, visitors and colleagues whether within the home or out in the community.
* Undertakes accurate and legible recording to ensure it meets the Care Quality Commission standards and positively promote Adult Social Care.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Experience within a social care setting and working within a team environment
* Good communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
* Awareness of a person entered approach and respect for dignity and privacy, promoting choice.
* Understanding of and the ability to develop knowledge of the needs of individuals and legislation in respect of Vulnerable Adults, Mental Capacity and other such relevant legislation policy and procedure as appropriate.
* Willing to undertake training in the following if not already completed:
* Manual Handling, First Aid Awareness, Food Hygiene, Risk and Conflict Management, Data Protection and Health and Safety and other core training is relevant to the role.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.