Business Coordination Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Our support services help the whole council work to the best of their ability. They include the Council's Customer Access department, Human Resources, IT, Financial Management, Corporate Property, Audit, Fraud, Risk and Insurance.
We aim for excellence in these services as they will in turn benefit the community we serve. Please take a look at our current vacancies.
The Leader’s Office at Kensington and Chelsea are looking to appoint a dedicated business coordinator, with a genuine interest in local government, to support the Leader, Head of Operations and the Leader’s Office team to drive forward the vision, values and behaviours of the council.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-moving environment where there will be a focus on making things happen.
The remit is broad, requiring attention to day-to-day administration and operations as well as high level liaison with senior staff, Councillors and members of the public, often dealing with complex situations.
With a proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and exceptional attention to detail, the postholder will be critical in helping to ensure the Leader’s Office is working effectively to help deliver the Council’s strategic objectives and priorities.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
- Flexibility and capacity to attend evening meetings, as required (virtually or in person).
- Proven ability in managing complex and busy diaries for senior personnel.
- Significant previous administration experience at management level in a busy office environment.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Proven literacy and numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and listening).
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications, including good keyboard skills.
- Responsibility for managing and maintaining essential administrative and operational functions to ensure the smooth running of the Leader’s Office.
- Responsibility for managing and maintaining the Leader’s diary, all incoming/outgoing correspondence, as well as providing day-to-day support to the Leader of the Council.
- Direct line management, training and development of up to 2 Business Apprentices/Interns.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.