Planning and Procurement Solicitor
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Grade K and M
Locations: Ryedale District Council Malton/County Hall, Northallerton
We are looking for a Solicitor/Barrister who can join our team to provide legal support to assist the Council). The role will include advising on a range of planning and procurement matters and drafting terms and conditions on a wide variety of commercial contracts. The role will also include advising at Planning Committee. Support will be provided in any areas of the law where the candidate has not had the relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will be a confident team player who is able to 'hit the ground running'. You will have a fine eye for detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and varied work load.
To be successful you must:
· Hold a qualification as a Lawyer, Barrister or FILEX;
· Demonstrate knowledge of law in one of the areas within the portfolios. A more in depth knowledge of the specific portfolio would be required for the top level of the role;
· Be aware of the political structure and functions of the Council;
· Have a working knowledge of Court procedures and of attending Court if relevant to the portfolio assigned;
· Have the ability to communicate effectively in writing to produce documents in a range of formats and style to suit a range of audiences and produce a representative record of meeting discussion and actions;
· Have an ability to interact positively with colleagues, clients and elected Members.
As an organisation we strongly believe in promoting a work life balance, with flexible working opportunities and modern technology you will be able to deliver your role to suit both your personal and our business needs.
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. We offer exceptional company benefits such as salary sacrifice schemes in technology, professional qualifications and green car schemes.
You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as generous leave entitlement and local government pension scheme. We also offer discounted retail offers and health schemes to name but a few. More information is found in our Total Rewards Brochure.
If you are interested in playing a key part in our Legal team and would like to have an informal conversation, please contact Catriona Gatrell Head of Legal (Corporate) on 01609 532211 or Senior Solicitor Kelly Dawson on 01757 292206
Closing date: 28 September 2020
Interview date: week commencing 5th October 2020
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Legal Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Regeneration and Local Economies Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Planning Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton