Governance Co-ordinator - Northallerton
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking for a Governance Co-ordinator to join the Engagement and Governance Team. This new role is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help in delivering and implementing aspects of the new Health and Adult Service's (HAS) Governance Framework, to embed regulatory expectations for good governance onto effective working practice.
Working with the Governance Officer to advise HAS Directorate staff on the monitoring of the agreed Governance Framework and the reviewing of processes in the respective areas and localities, you will support in the HAS contribution to the updates/review of Governance policies and procedures as well as helping to develop and maintain systems for storing and retrieving information for governance issues within HAS. You will liaise with Veritau and corporate colleagues and support the Directorate to effectively respond to Freedom of Information Requests, Subject Access Requests and data Breaches.
At a time of growth and development within the Engagement and Governance Team this key role will support in strengthening governance across Health and Adult Services, working closely with our engagement and complaints colleagues to ensure the voice of the public and the feedback we receive feeds into strengthening our governance framework.
- Disseminate information on Corporate Governance Policies and Procedures to HAS Senior Managers
- Implement audit and tracking systems to monitor compliance with the Governance Framework within the Directorate
- Liaise with Veritau and support the Directorate to effectively respond to Freedom of Information Requests, drafting and co-ordinating responses
- Liaise with Veritau and support the Directorate to respond effectively to Subject Access Requests
- Liaise with Data Governance colleagues and support the Directorate to respond to data breaches and take appropriate action following the outcome of reviews of breaches
- Provide advice and guidance on Research Governance, including requests from within and external to the Directorate
- Deal with enquires from HAS colleagues, Data Intelligence colleagues ad Veritau on Freedom of Information Requests, Subject Access Requests and Data Breaches
- Input data into the corporate management system relating to Freedom of Information Requests, Sand Subject Access Requests received in relation to the Directorate.
- Support the wider requirements of the Engagement and Governance Team as required
If you are interested in developing your skills and experience in this role, we would like to hear from you. For more information, or to have an informal conversation, please contact Sarah Abram, Customer Feedback and Governance Manager on (01609 532639)
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYCC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes. Enquiries regarding the vacancy or practices should be made directly with the third party.