Practice Lead - Occupational Therapist
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles: - prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Practice Leads have deep understanding of delivery of high-quality practice aligned to achievement of high-quality outcomes, as measured through the application of the ASC Quality Assurance Framework.
A qualified Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or nurse with a proven track record of demonstrating exemplar practice. Strong influencing skills to lead and quality assure improvement themes and ability to coach and mentor at senior level across the function, to achieve these.
* Responsible for planning, overseeing and on occasion carrying out audits and investigations, and translating the outcomes of these to actions within programmes of work, delivering consistency across operations.
* Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015 (e.g. MCA / DoLs/CHC etc).
* Delivers a high level of expertise in practice including consideration of CHC processes, providing advice and support to colleagues, including assisted fieldwork, audits and reviews and contributing to the development of a prevention and early intervention service.
* Develops and implements quality assurance and evaluation systems for reviews of Policy and Practice, ensuring these reflect changes in legislation and practice both locally and nationally.
* Acting as a role model, with strong influencing skills to lead and quality assure areas of practice, monitor and review improvements, coaching and mentoring colleagues to achieve these.
* Works collaboratively, building strong relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, taking a lead role in the development of multi-agency policies.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Evidence of continuing professional devlopment and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
* Experience within a social care setting with evidence of demonstrating exemplar standards of practice.
* Ability to carry out reviews, investigations and audits, communicating recommendations into programmes of work and ensuring these are implemented in practice.
* Proven track record of coaching and mentoring staff to improve standards of practice which deliver the best possible outcomes.
* Developing strong influential relationships with partners and other agencies to maintain and develop best practice and achieve joint objectives.
* Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
* Full Driving License with access to a vehicle.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.