Aspirant Directors of Children’s Services
Introducing the upon Programme for aspiring Directors of Children’s Services.
Starting late November 2020 until June 2021, the first upon Programme will welcome around 20 future leaders.
Delivery will be a blend of virtual and face to face learning - subject to COVID-19 arrangements. And don’t worry, there will be a mix of activities so you’re not glued to a screen and you get to take advantage of the informal interactions that you would benefit from during a residential programme.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and families.
What you’ll experience
- 8 ‘taught’ days of leadership and management development including academic learning and the chance to discuss the reality with current DCSs and experience learning visits.
- A learning repository packed with helpful guides, videos, blogs from successful leaders and learning sessions you can take in your own time.
- Personal support through feedback, a regional learning mentor and an employer sponsor, with options to get a further qualification.
In return, you need to be fully committed to completing the programme and applying your learning to your leadership.
Should you apply?
We’re looking for inspiring new leaders that children can depend upon. If the following description sounds like you, we would love to hear from you:
- A strong moral purpose and passion to champion children and young people.
- At least 3 years effective senior strategic leadership and management experience in local government children’s services or related fields and sectors.
- The potential to become a Director of Children’s Services within the next three years
We believe the future of Children’s Services is one of diversity, acceptance, and equal opportunities for all. To help achieve greater diversity of leaders, upon will be providing specific support for aspiring leaders, new Directors and employers, to help address some of the barriers to progression which are long standing in this sector and others. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Leaders.
If you think you meet these criteria, please click on ‘Apply’
Closing date: 26 October 2020
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in England
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in England
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in England
- Children's Services Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in England