Apprentice Executive Assistant
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you in your next steps.
Apprenticeship Job Role:
To assist the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive Support Team in providing support to the Senior Management and Senior Leadership Teams in Adult Social Services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the set-up of meetings including arranging refreshments, checking and booking appropriate rooms, ensuring any equipment required is booked, printing agendas and meeting paper packs.
- Uploading documents onto the ModGov system.
- Preparing PDF packs for meetings.
- Involvement in project work as necessary eg: within the Transforming the Future
- Task and Finish group.
- Diary management for the Heads of Services.
- Liaising with other members of the Executive Support Team on any diary clashes that require meetings to be rescheduled.
- Locate appropriate venues for staff briefings.
- Seeking quotes for refreshments and venues.
- Copy typing and printing.
- Chasing officers for reports for meetings.
- Answering telephones, taking messages or assisting the caller where possible.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond services.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct, and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand the both Council’s duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to your role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
This is a development opportunity for a bright individual with enthusiasm to take their first step on the career ladder. The successful candidate will be surrounded by experienced staff who will provide close support.
You will be working towards a Business Administration Level 3 qualification. If you do not hold GCSE A-C/9-4 in maths and English then you will be required to undertake the Functional Skills Level 2.
- Must be 16 or over
- Must have lived or worked in the EU for the last 3 years
- Must not be enrolled in full-time education or enrolled on any other funded courses
Interested in finding out more or looking to apply, please email your CV to Jackie Brown:
Please do not apply through the website - we are only accepting CV's via email.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils