White Rose Forest Geographic Information Systems and Data Management Project Officer
This as a great time to join the White Rose Forest (WRF) team as it helps grow the Northern Forest initiative in Yorkshire. We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and committed project manager to lead and manage the development of the WRF GIS operation. Inspired by our vision to create “a well wooded landscape” across our region we want a technically proficient individual, passionate about trees and woodlands, to work effective GIS processes into our programmes.
Working within our Major Projects Service, you will be self-motivated, playing a crucial role within a complex network of individuals and partnership organisations. Working under pressure and wanting to be the best are helpful qualities in this growing sector of community forestry.
As White Rose Forest Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- To lead the management and develop the WRF GIS platform to capture, store and analyse information that can inform and assist the WRF Plan and its implementation
- Support the efficient running of WRF Delivery Pathway including providing reports and data analysis for the Trees for Yorkshire Programme Manager
- Work with WRF partners and other partnerships in the Northern Forest to share and manage data and to innovate processes to help deliver the economic, social and environmental ambitions of the Northern Forest
- To work with team members and other WRF partners across Yorkshire to develop the White Rose Forest website to promote knowledge and awareness of the partnership and its work
- To contribute to the WRF reputation as a vital, forward thinking partnership by engaging actively with regional, national and international partners on community forestry and green infrastructure
- To provide general IT support to the WRF and partners as required
- To provide support to the Major Projects Service to meet the needs of the service
We are looking for someone who has:
- Recognised and substantial technical expertise relevant to the role
- Experience managing and coordinating complex projects
- The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and partnership organisations
For further information about this role, please contact Guy Thompson on 07720414356
11 October 2020, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.