Housing Solutions Assistant Apprentice
The Council provides a wide range of services that support and benefit our residents. We are committed to Putting Communities First, showing Respect, Integrity and Working Together to help make every team’s work a success. We daily attract hundreds of visitors to our famous sights including our museums, Royal Albert Hall, Portobello Road and Kensington Palace.
We are passionate about delivering high quality public service to our residents including those who are most vulnerable. We aim for excellence in all our services to benefit the community we serve.
The Housing Solutions Assistant Apprentice will:
- Facilitate the work of the Grenfell Housing Team by providing effective administrative and other relevant support. To help establish a small service and administrative hub that enables Grenfell survivors to have one point of contact for housing matters and to better track transactions to and from residents with a view to improving flow of communication and customer service.
- Assist in the delivery of an effective Housing Management service, taking into consideration the needs and expectations of Grenfell survivors.
- Support the Grenfell Housing Services Team, increase resilience and provide the best service possible for Grenfell survivors.
- Ensure that council policies, performance standard and customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Work towards the Level 2 Housing and Property Management Assistant apprenticeship standard.
For more information on the role, please see the Job Description
Candidates will have achieved at least an Entry 3 or Grade 2 or A-E in English and Maths at GCSEs or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate our values and behaviours (please see below)
- Willing to learn and master any knowledge, skills or system required for your work
- Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the organisation: Demonstrate ability to influence and challenge appropriately
- Able to communicate well both in writing and orally
- Work well with a range of internal and external people including our customers; identify and/or resolve issues for customers and appropriately signpost them to assistance
- Able to work productively and collaboratively with others in different kinds of teams
- Be proactive and enjoy coming up with new ideas and better ways of doing things
- Provide a caring and professional customer experience at first point of contact
- To record and monitor case work and actions on our CRM system
- Assist the Grenfell Housing Services (GHS) Team with telephone duty and redirecting calls to appropriate officers
- Develop the use of CRM to post emails and tasks received into the Grenfell Housing Services queue to individual officers
- To provide admin support to the GHS Team
- To monitor email communication and respond to queries received
- Assist the team with production of general letters for posting, including mail-mergers and postings to block / group emails
- To maintain and analyse performance data
- To assist the housing managers with home visits where necessary
- Monitor health and safety compliance and work with our contractor to produce access letters where access had been denied
- Assist with the delivery of project work as and when required
- Support residents with accessing services
- Use office equipment and technology as required
- Support team with collating paperwork for meetings and training sessions
- Take minutes and produce timely notes when required
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.