Sustainability and Energy Officer
Sustainability & Energy Officer- Full Time - (Fixed Term Contract for 2 years)
We are looking for a new team member to boost our Sustainability Team, developing policies and projects to help put sustainability at the heart of the Royal Borough’s work.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich declared Climate Emergency in 2019 and developed an Evidence Base which sets out the trajectory to net zero by 2030. We are committed to reducing emissions and safeguarding our communities. One of the principle funding mechanism for the emerging Carbon Neutral Plan is utilisation of the Carbon Offset Fund, secured from new developments. This exciting new post will lead on the development and management of the fund, along with preparation of eligible projects, monitoring and reporting as related to the Carbon Offset Fund. This will involve working on projects related to Social Housing, Public buildings, Community buildings, Private sector housing as well as innovative technology projects. The role involves assistance in the evaluation of projects, inputting into the business case and strategy for the Carbon Offset Fund and the Carbon Neutral Plan.
The number of households in the Royal Borough is predicted to increase 41% between 2013 and 2041. Successfully combining growth, prosperity, action on climate change and reducing air pollution is a challenge. We need your skills to do this.
The role will deliver key parts of our sustainability programme – and is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. The role will be key to successful progress of the Carbon Neutral Plan and setting the borough on the path to reaching the net zero target.
More information on the role below.
Job title: Sustainability and Energy Officer
Employment Term: Fixed term (2-year post)
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for people who are experienced in:
- Delivering complex and innovative energy efficiency projects and renewable energy projects, and ideally experience with energy monitoring.
- Developing and presenting successful business cases.
- Developing and delivering sustainability strategies and programmes.
- Providing specialist advice on sustainability issues, e.g. planning applications, tender documents, energy studies, or similar.
- Multi-disciplinary partnership working (with public agencies, private organisations and the community sector).
- Managing operational & project budgets.
The job description and person specification for the role is attached.
To discuss the role or ask any other questions please contact Maria Yashchanka (020 8921 5380).
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
This opportunity has recently been advertised as an opportunity for current RBG employees (internal only advertising). Applications received during the internal advertising period have been considered and processed. If you were interviewed for this position via an application to this job advertisement during the internal advertising period, any further application will not be shortlisted.
More searches like this
- Regeneration and Local Economies Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Housing Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Management and Maintenance Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)