Lead Project Manager
Via currently has a fantastic opportunity to join our Major Projects & Improvements Team as a Lead Project Manager based at our office in West Bridgford.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of engineering projects which enhance and maintain the road network and meet company business plan objectives. Some of our current projects include the construction of the £41m Gedling Access Road, design and delivery of the £22m A614 Major Road Network project which include six junction upgrades along the A614 / A6097 corridor and Transforming Cities delivering public transport and cycling infrastructure projects in and around Nottingham.
Main responsibilities include:
1. Manage resource requirements and capacity within the team to ensure successful delivery of the teams work programme.
2. Lead the end to end project management on a range of complex and significant engineering projects for the company including time, cost and quality control meeting client and stakeholder requirements.
3. Manage the provision of specialist project management expertise in delivery of engineering projects as part of the statutory process compliant with legislation and national / local policies and undertake role of expert witness at planning / public inquiry.
4. Ensure Health and Safety management systems, processes and requirements are adhered to across the team, ensuring full adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice to protect people and the environment.
5. Monitor staff performance, coach and act as a mentor developing technical expertise of team members to assist with achieving individual performance targets and future potential.
6. Ensure collaboration across the business for significant and complex projects maintain workflow and identify resource requirements thereby supporting achievement of company business plan objectives for productivity and profit across design and build functions.
7. Hold team members to account to comply with internal and external standards of statutory responsibilities, duties, policies and procedures to ensure standards are met to maintain a consistent and high-quality service.
8. Act as an ambassador for individual schemes and the Company across professional, business and community events and networks at local and regional level to maintain a positive company reputation, build relationships with third parties and promote internal expertise for business development.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. A degree in Project Management, Civil Engineering, or a related subject and post qualification relevant experience, or equivalent knowledge gained through practical experience in a highway and/or civil engineering project management environment.
2. Ability to lead a team in a busy project management environment, to make decisions and solve problems to meet team objectives and operational targets and be able to prioritise available teams’ resources to meet the needs of the business.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills to gain agreement and acceptance of others including colleagues, senior managers and clients. Ability to work collaboratively and actively involve colleagues and members of the team.
4. Strong ICT skills including competence in specialist computer applications used to support project management.
5. Thorough working knowledge and demonstrable experience of land acquisition and other statutory procedures, contract preparation and management, planning and funding bids.
6. Thorough working knowledge of procurement practices used in design and construction, including forms of tender, conditions of contract and forms of partnership.
7. Proven experience of providing information, communicating and working collaboratively with internal and external customers, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve delivery objectives.
8. Proven experience of financial monitoring and control across a range of projects.
9. Proficient at project management with proven experience of all stages of project implementation from feasibility to construction on sit within a highway and/or civil engineering environment.
10. A high level of personal drive, motivation and commitment to project delivery and excellent customer care and the ability to set an example to other staff.
We are a major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county.
Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus, and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
Via’s a great place to work if you value work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With the majority of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day
Our staff get access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more
By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation with great staff benefits that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Via.HR@viaem.co.uk by Friday 9th October 2020
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Environment Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Highways Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Transport Planning Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham