Greenspace and Environment Enforcement Officer
You will work as part of a team undertaking environmental enforcement activities which focus on improving the street environment and actions to support Kirklees communities to be attractive and successful. You will provide a visible presence to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour, including engaging with individuals and communities to promote responsibility and environmental improvement, preparing and issues notices, investigating concerns and gathering evidence to support prosecution where necessary, and working with partners on shared objectives.
As a front line officer you will wear a Kirklees uniform to provide a visible on-street presence and use enforcement tools to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour. You will investigate complaints and undertaken enforce in compliance with appropriate legislation, council policy and expectations.
Requirements for this role include:
- Understanding of environmental anti-social behaviour and how they relate to the activities of this job.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations appropriately and capable of being authoritative when necessary.
- Literacy and computer skills to be able to use IT packages to produce accurate notes, reports and statements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels and have the confidence to address large groups of children/adults about environmental responsibilities.
- Understands Health and Safety as it relates to the role and the measures which need to be put in place to work safely.
- You must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to undertake and pass a KMC driving test to use a council van to travel to sites.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Following an offer of employment you will be required to undertake a standard medical screening and other medical screening as determined by the Occupational Health Unit appropriate to occupational risk.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC THERE MAYBE A SUSTAINED PERIOD OF WORKING FROM HOME AS PART OF THIS ROLE.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate on how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CVs will not be accepted.
10 October 2020, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.