Major Projects Manager (Radcliffe)
Bury Council is about to embark on the next phase of its visionary and ambitious programme of regeneration with significant investment in the Borough to cement it as a destination of choice to both live and work within Greater Manchester.
Working in partnership with the council; Badenoch + Clark is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to play a leading role, in driving forward the progress and completion of the identified strategic redevelopment of Radcliffe. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for you to be responsible for bringing to life the Council’s continued ambitious regeneration goals.
Bury Council have just completed a Strategic Regeneration Framework for Radcliffe with Deloittes. The SRF recognises a number of key projects that we must now translate into development proposals. You will be the Council’s visible lead for Radcliffe and will manage a series of Boards and Council Committee’s established to oversee progress and will drive forward a development programme for the Town. You will work visibly alongside the local community to ensure real accountability and local input.
This position requires a diligent and effective individual, who can translate these projects from development plans through to construction and completion. Projects include a new hub, leisure centre and market chambers and require somebody excellent governance skills and a meticulous and concise approach to managing a mixed portfolio of projects.
- Manage and coordinate the projects and programmes of work that will help to deliver the ambitions of the Bury 2030 Strategy.
- Act as lead for the Council on a portfolio of key capital projects, which will likely be geographically clustered & take ownership of the multi-year strategy to deliver the key projects
- Provide professional support to other major capital projects being delivered in a particular place, these could be highways, schools, housing or other types of capital or infrastructure investment.
- Work with potential commercial and private investors and strike deals where the objectives of the areas strategic regeneration plans can be met and a commercial case for land disposal exists.
- Provide updates and information on the progress of key schemes to the newly created governance arrangements for your assigned place and provide input into the Council’s programme office.
- Support on compiling briefings for the Chief Executive, Leader and wider service for all Greater Manchester meetings, reading all papers and holding regular briefing sessions.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for driving forward the development programme through; maintaining excellent contractual relationships, implementing methodical project plans, utilising strict governance measures and managing the full life cycle of each project.
Whilst the council is looking for someone who can operate strategically alongside the Assistant Director of Regeneration Delivery; they also need someone with tenacity and passion who is capable of working autonomously and taking ownership of hands on delivery. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of completion of a portfolio of sizeable construction and development projects. You will lead in assembling a small professional team drawn from internal and external resources and will drive forward the implementation of proposals with secured investment.
This role is an exciting opportunity, with close support and involvement from the Chief Exec, to implement what are achievable regeneration goals for Radcliffe. The projects are planned and defined and what’s needed now, is the catalyst to drive this development forward.
For further info on the role and Bury’s plans for the future, please visit our microsite:
For an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact Chloe Moffatt – email@example.com or 0115 948 5794