Social Workers – Adult Social Care
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About Adult Social Care
Barnet Council is an exciting and innovative place to be, and here in Adult Social Care we are committed to the work we do and the difference we make to residents of Barnet every single day, month and year.
We take a strengths-based approach, focused on what people can do and seeing the whole person. Our staff are dedicated, caring, knowledgeable and committed to supporting our residents to live as independently as possible for as long as possible. We are a diverse multi-disciplinary workforce with wide ranging skills and a can-do attitude.
We encourage staff to be empowered in making changes and initiate actions that improve our services. Ultimately, we should all be happy for our friends and family to receive the services we deliver and commission, and so that is where our focus always lies.
About the role
We are recruiting qualified, skilled and committed social workers with experience in adult social care for a broad range of teams. There are excellent opportunities to learn, progress and develop in Barnet and the opportunity to work in different teams and build holistic experience.
- You will put the person at the heart of the assessment and involve their families, friends and communities around them to help improve their lives and help them meet their goals. You will assess, monitor and review the care and support they have; and advise where they can access information, advice and advocacy so that they have the maximum opportunity to regain their independence or become less dependent on other people or services.
- Provide a high standard of social work to users arising out of the Council’s duties and powers under legislation and in accordance with divisional and area policy, procedures, guidelines and the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers.
- Undertake the more complex assessments, packages of care and long term support for people who are eligible for services that require a professional/ specialist input.
Roles are available in various teams in adult social care including older adults and physical disabilities (long term), adults MASH, mental health, learning disabilities, hospitals and health partnerships.
- Registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England
- CQSW/ DipSW or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant experience of operating effectively as a practicing Social Worker with a similar client group.
- Understanding and experience of operating with a comprehensive assessment framework including self-assessment.
- Understanding and experience of working with vulnerable clients within a care environment.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
- Supportive and visible leadership and tools and processes
- Note – given the current restrictions brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic all staff are predominantly working from home with visits still being taken as necessary. There are currently regular (though optional) opportunities to meet colleagues at the Covid secure offices in Colindale.
How to apply
Please click on the apply button on our website where you will be able to view the full job description and person specification and apply for the role. If you would like any further information about the role please contact Asc.Training@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.