Team Manager (MASH) – Adult Social Care
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About Adult Social Care
Barnet Council is an exciting and innovative place to be, and here in Adult Social Care we are committed to the work we do and the difference we make to residents of Barnet every single day, month and year.
We take a strengths-based approach, focused on what people can do and seeing the whole person. Our staff are dedicated, caring, knowledgeable and committed to supporting our residents to live as independently as possible for as long as possible. We are a diverse multi-disciplinary workforce with wide ranging skills and a can-do attitude.
We encourage staff to be empowered in making changes and initiate actions that improve our services. Ultimately, we should all be happy for our friends and family to receive the services we deliver and commission, and so that is where our focus always lies.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced team manager to lead our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) team. The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is a fast-paced team which identifies, assesses and manages risk for vulnerable adults. We work closely with our children’s MASH, police, health, and voluntary sector on finding the best possible outcomes for adults and carers ensuring their rights are protected and voices heard.
To deliver our vision of strengths based social care we rely on working closely with our partners and importantly our competent, confident, creative, and caring workforce. We have supportive and visible leadership, and tools, processes, and investment in excellent learning and development that help staff to be happy, efficient and effective.
We have standards and expectations of all of our staff and leaders with everyone taking responsibility for high quality, effective practice and their own professional development, as well as enabling staff to talk about opportunities and concerns. We have modernised our way of working so that we can work in a mobile and flexible way.
The Team Manager (Mash) will provide excellent leadership, direction and effective management of the team’s resources, ensuring professional standards and Best Practice act as key drivers within a culture of continuous service improvement, value for money and safer practice.
- Ensure compliance with the service’s standards and processes and operate within the context of the service priorities and principles of increasing user choice and control over the services they receive.
- Work closely and collaboratively with partners to deliver an integrated, service that meets both current and future needs.
- Provide professional management and case supervision for the team.
- Ensure that the responsibility of safeguarding adults at risk is a fundamental element of this job and that the principles are embedded in all procedures, practices, professional advice, decisions and support.
You will have in-depth knowledge of legislation including statutory responsibilities relating to Adult Social Care Service and good understanding of current best practice in social work and safeguarding adults, and the ability to apply this in a local context, demonstrating extensive knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and principles of Making Safeguarding Personal.
You will have experience in safeguarding teams and should have a clear understanding of safeguarding thresholds and evidence of extensive practice based experience where risks have been high and complex.
You will be a qualified and experienced social worker with strong communications and negotiation skills and be able to build effective relationships with other teams, services, public and other professionals. You will promote and enhance effective working relationships with teams, service areas and partner agencies, and be able to manage the interaction of colleagues with different perspectives. You will be required to make decisions and to challenge others constructively.
You will be maintaining high standards of professional practice ensuring expected level of performance is maintained across the team. You will be able to demonstrate sound understanding of performance management and quality assurance framework and have analytical skills to improve service and staff performance. You will have experience in supporting staff through coaching, team meetings and one to one, promoting work life balance and ensuring staff wellbeing is monitored.
You will have solid prioritisation and excellent time management skills. You will be familiar to working in a fast moving, complex environment and embrace the culture of change and new flexible ways of working.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
- Supportive and visible leadership and tools and processes
- Note – given the current restrictions brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic all staff are predominantly working from home with visits still being taken as necessary. There are currently regular (though optional) opportunities to meet colleagues at the Covid secure offices in Colindale.
How to apply
Please click on the apply button and visit our website where you will be able to view the full job description and person specification and apply for the role. If you would like any further information about the role please contact Monica.Przyzycka@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.