Business Case and Project Officer
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen within the Estates team for a Business Case and Project Officer.
The Growth directorate researches and informs the Council's understanding of external and internal changes impacting upon infrastructure planning within the Borough. Estates are responsible for managing Council property portfolio, assets, managing our buildings and providing service to support our office accommodation.
About the role
This role is to write requirement statements, administer the Property Review Programme Board, monitor the Property Review Programme budget (circa 1m pa), assist with monitoring the Estates Managed Budgets (circa £8m pa), raise purchase orders, manage minor projects and draft various other documents.
You will also draft a variety of governance documents, such as committee reports, Delegated Powers Reports, Chief Office Decision Papers and Project / Procurement Initiation Documents.
In the role you will also actively manage and support minor estates projects and the associated relationships between the authority’s internal and external stakeholders and its strategic partners, in order to support the LBB Estates team’s objectives.
- A strong preference for professional programme/project management accreditation
- Relevant degree level qualification(s)/ or relevant proven work experience
- Experience of managing projects in a complex organisation with a large and varied stakeholder base
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of financial modelling and business case development
- Experience of delivering projects to time quality and cost.
- An understanding of local authorities and the context in which they operate.
- Experience of working with senior managers to develop and implement projects and initiatives.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
If you are interested, please read the full job description and person specification and apply now. For further information contact Syma Kadri, Strategic Analysis Team Manager on Syma.Kadri@Barnet.gov.uk or call 020 8359 2985.