Program Manager x 5
We’ve been on a journey over the recent years to develop a very different organisation, one which is outcome focused We want Kirklees to be a place which combines a strong and sustainable economy with a great quality of life; a place with thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity, low inequality and where people enjoy better health throughout their lives.
The Council and its partners are undertaking a significant portfolio of transformational change activities that impact across the whole of the council and Kirklees. Delivering complex whole system-wide changes, focused on improving outcomes, requires us to be whole system leaders and consider new ways of working to meet the needs of citizens.
For this role we are looking for people who bring a whole system thinking approach, and can enable transformation through providing independent support and challenge to groups, stakeholders and with partners to:
- Understand the outcomes we are trying to improve – from the perspectives of multiple stakeholders;
- Assess all of the data and intelligence, existing programmes and the external environment to fully understand the context in which we are working;
- Co-produce and manage programmes that contribute towards our shared outcomes, realise sustained benefits, and make change stick.
You will report to the Head of Transformation and Culture Change and will work with colleagues across the council and partnership who are looking to transform what they do and how they do it. You will work in a highly collaborative way with colleagues from other key enabling functions.
A key element of this role is the ability to work with stakeholders to make change happen ‘on the ground’ and to develop systems to ensure that robust governance and quality assurance measures are in place to monitor the effectiveness of the programme and the impact on outcomes. .
Requirements for this job include:
- Ensures the processes to deliver programmes are transparent and accountability for all decisions is clear and agreed.
- Ensures programmes are tracked against the wider corporate strategy and vision
- Is responsible for ensuring the work is planned in a way to effectively achieve the required results
- Describes how benefits to the organisation are identified, defined, tracked and optimised
- Supports collaboration of change projects between the Transformation Team and other service areas
- Effectively manages the resources relevant to any assigned programme office arrangements
- Undertakes financial modelling and monitoring to ensure an understanding of services in scope and compliance with budget requirements
- Ensures lines of communications with all stakeholders are in place
- Keeps all information up to date to continually track the changing environment
- Audits programmes to ensure standards are being followed
You will have day to day management of programmes of work ensuring that all services in scope are involved. You will plan and design the programme proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues, and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
You will have line management responsibility for Project Managers and/or Project Officers within the Transformation Team.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period.
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile.
Closing Date: 25th of October 2020
Provisional interview dates: 9th &10th November (interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams).
25 October 2020, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.