Qualified Social Workers & Occupational Therapists
We have a variety of opportunities available for those looking to develop their career with us. From early intervention to ongoing support. We have roles across Essex and hold recruitment days across the county.
Please note that these will be done via video calling (Microsoft Teams).
We are holding monthly recruitment days in the following locations:ColchesterChelmsford
Please contact us to find out when the next recruitment day will be hosted in your area.
We are looking for those who are passionate about Social Care and want to be part of our mission
to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available; to ensure our service users have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.
* Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
* Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
* Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
* Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
* Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
* Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
* Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Apply now for your place at our recruitment day and to find out more regarding the opportunities available.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.