Customer Support Officer
Celebrating and preserving the unique cultural and environmental character of the borough is a major focus of this department, which includes Planning and Borough Development, Transport and Highways, Libraries, Environmental Health, Community Safety and Cleaner, Greener and Cultural Services.
Kensington and Chelsea is one of London’s most vibrant and densely populated boroughs, with a multitude of beautiful buildings, museums and parks. The planning team ensure any new building projects are undertaken with consideration to our residents, as well as our skyline.
If you are passionate about the environment, and the support services required to keep it safe, clean and green, take a look at our vacancies and join our dedicated team.
Commercial Waste is seeking to appoint an experienced Customer Support Officer with excellent communication, organisational and IT skills. The successful candidate for this role will be someone who has great administration and customer service qualities, and the ability to exceed targets whilst prioritising a busy workload. You will also be expected to deal with all customer service issues professionally and efficiently. Experience of using a wide range of I.T packages especially Excel is required and knowledge of Commercial Waste would be a distinct advantage but not essential. Main duties will be inputting all contract data accurately onto the system and also relevant spreadsheets, supporting the sales administration team, managing the commercial waste container stock, dealing with enquiries from members of the business community, staff and other agencies in line with the Council's Customer Care procedures and within an equality and diversity framework. You will possess strong communication skills, be meticulous and professional, articulate, well-mannered and extremely good on the phone with customers. You must be able to demonstrate that you have worked in a busy office environment. As a minimum requirement, you must have experience in customer service and administration, and have good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and Outlook. You must be numerate and literate, and be comfortable working to tight deadlines.
For more information about the role, please see the full Job Description.
The role requires a conscientious person to deliver an effective Customer Support Service, promoting a positive and helpful image of the commercial waste services, working proactively to resolve problems satisfactorily.
Provide admin support to the sales team.
To input all contract data precisely onto the system and the relevant spreadsheets.
To keep up to date with current policies, procedures and practices to be able to give advice and assistance on all areas of concern which are the responsibility of the Service.
- Inputting all contract data accurately onto the system by adhering to deadlines.
- Inputting sales figures for new, amended and cancelled contracts onto spreadsheets precisely for reporting purposes.
- Monitoring the commercial waste inbox, answer and deal appropriately with incoming telephone calls.
- To be the Commercial Waste Service’s customer focused interface with the public/customers giving a prompt and helpful response at all times.
- Resolving customer queries in a timely and professional manner and ensuring that urgent requests are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- To effectively manage all matters relating to the skip service, including all skip requests/changes, and all invoicing issues. Liaise with the contractor on a daily and weekly basis on all operational matters.
- Download information from the ‘Western Riverside Waste Authority’ website to monitor daily skip work.
- Prepare daily/monthly/quarterly tonnage report for management and customers where necessary.
- Effectively manage the bin maintenance programme, issuing tickets for new installations, repairs & removal of bins.
- To oversee the audit of the council’s containers.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Customer Services Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Environment Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Waste Management Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)