General Kitchen Assistant
Contract: Relief – potential to become permanent – Term Time only.
Location – across North Yorkshire and Doncaster Area.
Are you looking for a position that gives you extra money? Are you flexible to work hours as required term time only? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers its staff some great benefits?
Do you have what we need?
We are interested in people who are dedicated and committed to bettering the lives of school children and young people, who can work within in a team to deliver efficient catering service operating to the highest standards of food safety.
We are looking for Relief General Kitchen Assistants to join our teams across North Yorkshire to provide cover for sickness, holidays and absence.
What will your duties include?
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out basic food preparation tasks, for example, weighing-up food, preparing, fruit and vegetables, making sauces and removing items from ovens, prior to service;
- Serving meals to customers;
- Tidying up the kitchen and dining room and carrying out cleaning and washing up duties;
- Reporting to the line manager and alerting other members of staff to potential hazards in the kitchen;
- Promoting the catering service to all customers including parents and pupils by taking part in activities designed to increase meal uptake.
Why work for us?
Working for NYCC has great benefits, competitive rate of pay, Monday to Friday working with no weekends and bank holidays. Excellent Local Government pension scheme as well as access to our employee benefits including retail discounts, reduced days out, and schemes such as green car and home technology to name but a few, see out Total Rewards brochure for more details.
Closing date: Sunday 8th November
Interview date: Week commencing 16th November
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. This post requires an Enhanced DBS, the cost of which will be met by the Employer.