Contract: Relief – potential to become permanent
Location – across North Yorkshire
Do you have experience of working in a catering establishment? Do you have experience of cooking and serving food? Are you currently unemployed looking for work or retired and looking for some hours?
Do you have what we need?
At Facilities Management, NYCC we are interested in people who are dedicated to getting the job done, who can work within in a team and deliver a high standard of catering within our school settings.
We are looking for Relief Cooks to join our teams across North Yorkshire to provide cover for sickness, holidays and absence. The ideal person will have a good standard of cookery skills, can maintain a high level of food safety and health and safety standards, and is committed to delivering good dietary choices to children.
What will your duties include?
Your duties will include:
- Preparing the dining room for service including putting in place dining tables and chairs;
- Preparing, cooking and serving appetising and nutritious meals;
- Washing up, clearing and cleaning the kitchen, dining room and associated areas;
- Communicating with catering staff ensuring tasks are carried out to the highest standards;
- Liaising with Head Teacher and Area Management Team on issues relating to the standards of service in school;
- Promotion of the catering service in school to increase uptake by participation in promotional activities.
Why work for us?
Working for NYCC has great benefits, competitive rate of pay, Monday to Friday working with no weekends and bank holidays. Excellent Local Government pension scheme as well as access to our employee benefits including retail discounts, reduced days out, and schemes such as green car and home technology to name but a few, see out Total Rewards brochure for more details.
Closing date: Sunday 8th November
Interview date: Week commencing 16th November
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. This post requires an Enhanced DBS, the cost of which will be met by the Employer.