Corporate Director of Education, Leisure and Lifelong Learning
More than 140,000 people call Neath Port Talbot County Borough home and, as their council, we work hard to deliver hundreds of services every day. We are passionate about making life better for our residents and we want to create a place where everyone has an equal chance to get on in life.
We see two ways of making this happen. Firstly, via the traditional route, where we directly provide opportunities for growth and change. And secondly, through a more innovative route, where we empower the people in our communities to identify common goals and then fi nd ways of working with each other to achieve them.
We have set ourselves three ambitious goals:
• To ensure our children and young people get the best start in life, so they can be the best they can be
• To help all our residents to take an active part in community life, socially and economically
• To make our county borough a vibrant, healthy and safe place to live, work and enjoy leisure time.
As Director of Education, Leisure and Lifelong Learning, and member of the corporate executive team, you will play a key role in making this happen. The Education, Leisure and Lifelong Learning portfolio covers some of our most visible and important frontline services and requires an ambitious, creative and innovative leader. You will advise the Chief Executive, Corporate Directors’ Group and Elected Members on key issues and strategies based on your clear understanding of education, leisure and lifelong learning legislation, policy and best practice in Wales.
You have a proven track record of providing effective and visible leadership to multi-disciplinary teams and delivering strategic projects and change programmes. You can demonstrate your experience of successful partnership working, aimed at improving services and the quality of life for our residents and communities.
Enabling children, young people and adults to fulfi l their potential will be high on your agenda.
You can demonstrate your ability to work as part of an effective corporate executive team, but you are also an aspirational leader, not just embracing but living our corporate culture and values. And to consistently deliver on the council’s aims and objectives, you are leading by example, instilling those values, beliefs and behaviours in others.
Applications are also welcomed from individuals who do not meet all essential person specification requirements but who, nevertheless, can provide robust evidence of the key personal attributes which will be required to perform to a high standard in this post.
Further information about this post and the council’s expectations of the successful candidate can be obtained from:
Mr Steven Phillips – Chief Executive
Mr Aled Evans – Director of Education, Leisure and Lifelong Learning
The council is committed to the implementation of its Welsh Language Scheme
Application closing date: Monday 16th November, 2020 12 Noon
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Neath Port Talbot (Castell-nedd Port Talbot)
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Neath Port Talbot (Castell-nedd Port Talbot)
- Education Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Neath Port Talbot (Castell-nedd Port Talbot)
- Leisure and Culture Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Neath Port Talbot (Castell-nedd Port Talbot)