Executive Project Officer
Our vision for Kirklees is to be a district that combines a strong, sustainable economy with a great quality of life – leading to thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity and low inequality where people enjoy better health throughout their lives.
As an Executive Project Officer your role will be to provide hands-on project support to one of the team of five Strategic Directors within the Council, whose collective aim it is to achieve our overall vision. You will use your knowledge of how local authorities operate and develop an understanding of a particular Strategic Director’s portfolio of services in order to provide professional and proactive project support to them on a day to day basis. You will work as part of a dynamic team, alongside the Executive Support and Programme Manager, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to cross-cutting priorities. This is an exciting, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to manage competing priorities and work in a flexible way.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to work at a high level and communicate professionally with a range of people , including partners, senior managers and elected members
- An ability to build relationships at all levels
- Experience of working independently and delivering to agreed deadlines an understanding of how local authorities operate and ability to apply that knowledge to Kirklees
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to co-ordinate project work
- Experience of applying project management principles to multiple priorities
Applicants who are shortlisted will need to be available for an online interview WC 23rd November. The selection process will comprise a recorded presentation on a set topic and a traditional interview with a panel.
09 November 2020, 12:00 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.